Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brittanee Drexel

I wanted to take a minute to post about something INCREDIBLY important, something that we all need to be aware of and internalize right away. We all need to be more aware of our safety and the safety of others, especially when travelling, because you NEVER KNOW what can happen! A girl from my hometown, Rochester, NY named Brittanee Drexel has been missing in Myrtle Beach since last week. The last time she was seen alive was Saturday evening between 8pm and 8:45pm.

Now, I'm not a reporter, so I'm not going to get into the details, name names or point fingers at anyone. This girl is in serious trouble and needs the prayers of everyone out there that she returns home safely. Various news sites, such as foxnews.com, cnn.com, and democratandchronicle.com have been following the story, so if you'd like the details then that is where I will direct you. There is also a Facebook group.

We all need to stop with the drama, the rumors and the nonsense surrounding this issue. This girl is not safe, she is not home with her family where she belongs and she needs the help of everyone who can do anything to find her. Imagine if this were your child, or sibling or cousin or best friend or someone you loved. You would not have time to worry about the gossip, you would just be busting your butt to find them. So please, if you have any involvement with this situation, leave the gossip alone and focus on finding Brittanee. If you have no idea what I'm talking about or are not involved in any way, involve yourself and send a quick prayer for her up to the Big Guy (or to whomever you pray). I don't know her, but I know that I do not want any harm to have come to her.

I encourage everyone that reads this post to talk to their loved ones about what's happened to Brittanee, and to others like Natalee Holloway. I just sat down yesterday with my 14 year old sister, 13 year old step sister, 12 year old step sister and cousin and let them know that somebody always needs to know where they are, no matter WHAT! Hopefully it will sink in with them, and they will at least call me and let me know even though I'm 2 hours away from where they live (they're half siblings, mind you; my mom was once married to their dad, and he's recently re-married, hence all the step sisters). Please, don't ignore this issue and do not for one second think it can't happen to you or someone you know. Assume it will, and talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment