Sunday, May 10, 2009

Corning Bachelor Auction

Oh goodness, what a night I had in the name of charity!! Last night was the Corning Bachelor Auction, where over 30 handsome bachelors offered themselves up for auction to a room full of lovely ladies in order to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network, the official national platform of the Miss America Oragnization! Well, drinks were served, door prizes were handed out and chaos ensured. Jessica, Miss Colonial Days 2008 and Katherine, Miss Teen Colonial Days 2008 and I were volunteers that evening, and our VIP table rrrrright at the front by the podium made it possible for us to catch EVERY moment, including all those moments where the bachelors took their shirts off and gave some of the ladies lap dances! That's some good clean fundraising if I've ever seen it. I even got to meet the Mayor of Corning, Tom Reed, and he is hilarious! His wife also seemed like a really genuine, down-to-earth woman. I also had the pleasure of meeting Sarah, the CMN representative. She was so sweet, and was really excited about the event and all of the revenue it would bring in for CMN.

As soon as I figure out how to really navigate blogspot, I will post some pictures from the evening here. For now, though, that's all. Everybody have a wonderful Mother's Day... I will not :-( my boyfriend just left me today to go back to his home in NYC for the summer, so I'm in my empty lil apartment all by myself, and I don't really have a mom, so, this day is kinda sucky for me! Thank god for blogspot to keep me occupied :)

No comments:

Post a Comment